How to make baked chicken wings.
At home we are trying different recipes with chicken wings, almost always when I prepare them in the oven with barbecue sauce.
This time I have made them in a different way, accompanying the classic maceration that I always do with a soy, honey and lemon sauce.
It combines very well the citrus flavor of lemon with the sweet touch of honey and caramelized soy. They do not have much fat and are very golden, with a dark touch (not burned) of the color that soy gives.
I assure you that they literally fly from the source. Surely they will be a classic for those film or football sessions with friends, or for those dinners where I don’t have much time.
Chicken wings are an excellent food since they are cheap, they are delicious and can be prepared in a thousand and one ways. The recipe is very easy and inexpensive and they are also for licking your fingers!
The sauce is very tasty, in addition to honey and soy, it incorporates lemon, garlic and spices such as pepper, thyme, oregano and rosemary. And if you like it with a spicy flavor in the Mexican style, you just have to add a little chilli or cayenne. In addition, the kitchen hardly stains, the hard work is done by the oven.
Curiosity piqued you? Do you like wings If the answer is yes, this is your recipe, different from the fried ones, but just as tasty and juicy, with a sweet touch and a fresh touch of lemon. Take note of the recipe! You can make it any day of the week and it will delight young and old.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Wings
- 1 kg. chicken wings
- For the initial chicken marinade: salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste of each house)
- Thyme and dried rosemary (1 teaspoon)
- Pinch of cayenne or chilli (optional)
- A clove of garlic in very small pieces
- To make the baking sauce: The juice of one lemon
- 75 ml. soy sauce (mild if possible)
- 75 ml. honey (the one you like best)
- 1 teaspoon (dessert type) of dried and ground oregano
Preparation of the chicken. Macerated
- When you buy wings, the normal thing is that they give you whole, that is: wing, tip and thigh.
- At home we like the tips, but if you don’t like them you just have to cut them and separate them from the rest, with your hand you dislocate the bone and with a knife you separate it, it takes less than 5 seconds.
- We place them free of hairs in a source and season. Peel a clove of garlic (or 2 if you like its flavor) and chop it very small. If you have a much better garlic crusher, this will combine the pasta much better with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the ground oregano, a sprig of thyme and another of rosemary. If you like the spicy touch, it would be time to add the cayenne or chilli to the wings.
- We combine all the flavors with a spoon or with the same hands and let it macerate for at least half an hour.
Baking the wings with honey, soy and lemon
- We preheat the oven to 220ºC, heat up and down and air.
- With the dressing that we have made to the wings it would be enough to go to the oven and they would be very good. But with the sauce that we are going to prepare now we will give them much more flavor.
- It is time to prepare the mixture with which we are going to spread them.
- We combine the soy sauce, honey and lemon juice in a glass jar.
- We close well and shake to put the ingredients together, the mixture must be homogeneous.
- We place the wings on a large tray and spread the top very well with our concoction, use a brush or brush.
- We leave a little sauce to spread them in the middle of baking when we turn them over.
- We put them in the oven at 180 ° C and let them roast for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking we turn them over with a fork and varnish again with the sauce that we have reserved, so they will be golden on both sides.
Tasting the baked wings
- Once baked, we serve them on a very hot tray and eat them with our hands.
- In that baking time we can prepare a white rice as an accompaniment.
- You can also serve with salad to taste, so you complete a round dinner. We serve hot and everything together … you will see that they are delicious, they are eaten like pipes, one after the other.
- This recipe is one of the thousand possibilities that wings have when it comes to cooking.