My family loves this easy and delicious recipe for baked Ziti and I love that it is made in a single pan! It is very fast because it is prepared in less than 30 minutes and also very nutritious.
These meals are attractive to everyone, since all food is made with just one pan. This Baked Ziti achieves my goal of an easy homemade dinner: I only use a pan from start to finish!
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, but add them at the end)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups of water
- 12 ounces of ziti pasta (or similar pasta)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C.
- Add olive oil to a large oven-safe pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage to the grill until it browns, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chopped red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ketchup, dried basil and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water and dry pasta. Let it boil, cover the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is soft.
- Add milk, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot