How to make a cinnamon milk cake.
A cake that tastes like fried milk, can you imagine? Yes, it tastes “almost” like fried milk.
I present you a dessert made with ingredients that everyone has at home, milk and eggs.
A dessert very easy to prepare and without complications, so simple that you only need to beat and bake. Perfect to prepare it the day before for any meal or even as a base for a slightly more elaborate dessert.
I imagine that in the early days of baking as we know it now, milk, eggs, flour and sugar were the base of most desserts that were made.
These 4 ingredients used in different proportions give us infinite possibilities, playing with one or the other we have the same fried milk as some pancakes, pancakes, the base of many biscuits, a traditional pudding or a simple egg custard … and from now on this cake of milk flavored with cinnamon.
I hope you like Cheer up and cook!
Ingredients for Cinnamon cake
- For the base cream: 10 M eggs
- 300 g all-purpose wheat flour
- 200 g of white sugar
- For flavored milk: 1 liter of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder or a cinnamon stick
Preparation of flavored milk
- We heat the milk over medium heat almost to the boiling point.
- We lower the temperature and remove from the heat, add the vanilla essence and the cinnamon powder (if you want the cinnamon aroma but not the color, you can substitute it for a cinnamon stick).
- e leave everything to rest for 10 minutes to infuse the milk.
- To continue with the recipe we have to let it cool a little. While we continue with the recipe.
Preparation of the base cream of the cake
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until they double in volume.
- When they are like this we add and mix the flour until there are no lumps, it is important so that when adding the milk we do not waste cream.
- If necessary, use the mixer, the texture should be similar to that of a béchamel.
- We put the casserole with the milk over low heat, add the mixture of egg cream, sugar and flour.
- We stir continuously with a wooden spoon or rods without lumps and taking care that it never boils.
- When it begins to thicken, remove from the heat and continue to move for one more minute. Keep in mind that the cream should be thick and then it will finish solidifying in the oven.
- We pass the cream through a large strainer to get rid of the lumps, since they would be very unpleasant on the palate.
Baking and final presentation of the cinnamon cake
- We put the mixture in a container greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, if you have any silicone mold this step is not necessary.
- We put the cake in the oven (heat option up and down, in the middle tray of it) at 170º C for about 35-40 minutes (as I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven, always look with a fork and when dry, remove.)
- A little tip, cover the cake with silver foil so that the top does not burn and remove it when there are 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let cool for a few hours in the fridge, this dessert has to be taken very cold. We unmold