The range of crab can be a ball of fried dough served in Chinese-American cuisine and more recently in Thai restaurants, packed with a mixture of cheese, lightly grated crab meat, onion and garlic.
- 140 gr. minced crab meat
- 113 gr. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Peanut oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix crab meat, cream cheese, chives, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and sesame oil until the ingredients are well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place 1 wonton wrapper on a cutting board with a corner pointing towards you. Pour 1 1/2 teaspoons of crab stuffing in the center of the wrap. With a little water, moisten both edges of the wonton, then pull the corner towards you, folding it over the filling to form a triangle. Gently smooth the edges around the filling with your fingers to eject the airbags and press to seal
- When the oil registers 160 ° C in a frying thermometer, place the small triangles of the wontons in the pan and fry them until they brown evenly on both sides. Serve with tomato sauce and spicy Chinese mustard.