One of the activities that I enjoy the most is watching my husband cook crock pot recipes, he likes to invent recipes and prepare different meals to enjoy with the family. Due to his great creativity and passion for food, I still have clay pots especially for him, since the taste of food is much more special than a simple metal pot.
In many gourmet food restaurants and homes, they use clay pots, since their material is extremely healthy, since they have a porous surface, making the food cook with the necessary humidity, eliminating excess steam, managing to concentrate the flavor .
So I share some easy and delicious recipes to make your meal an extremely exquisite experience and your family is happy, especially taking care of their health.
Beans in the pot
It is one of the fundamental Mexican foods for nutrition and to prepare them you can choose brown, black or pinto beans.
½ kilo of beans
2 cloves of garlic
1 branch of epazote
2 tablespoons salt
- Clean the beans, spreading the half a kilo on a table and discard the stones that usually have all the bags in the supermarket.
- Then cover the beans with water in a bowl and let them soak overnight, until they soften so they cook quickly.
- Remove the water with which they were soaked and transfer them to the clay pot. Then cover them with water, which should exceed 3 times the portion of the beans.
- Add the ½ onion, 2 cloves of garlic and boil over high heat for 3 hours, until they have softened completely.
- 10 minutes after cooking, add the epazote branch and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- They are ready to be enjoyed.
Roasted in the clay pot
- 3 kilos of meat
- 1 k pork
- 1k of rost beff and 1 of roast
- 1 kilo of onion
- 3 pieces of bell pepper
- ½ liter of wine, salt, 1 kilo of potato, ground chili, pizza seasoning, paprika and cumin.
- Place the meat in the pot and cook until soft, adding the wine.
- This part can take around 45 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and the bell pepper (until the meat is juicy).
- Then add the ground chili, pizza seasoning, paprika, and cumin.
- Then add the sliced potato and leave until the meat is tender.
- The dish will be ready.
Roast chicken in the clay pot
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the chicken and wash it perfectly. Then put the salt and pepper inside and out.
- Add in the chicken a lemon cut in half, as well as half an onion and half a head of garlic and thyme.
- Tie the chicken so it doesn’t lose shape.
- Put the chicken in the pot and add a lemon cut in half and the rest of the ingredients (half an onion, garlic and thyme). Then bathe it in the olive oil.
- Cover the clay pot with aluminum foil and then cover it.
- Let cook for 2 hours at 180 degrees Celsius.
- After an hour add the potatoes covered in aluminum foil.
- Your dish will be ready to enjoy.
Vegetable casserole with clay pot
Ingredients: 3 onions, 2 potatoes, 1 red bell pepper, 2 pumpkins, 2 carrots, 2 pieces of corn, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 vegetable broth, oil and salt.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
- Heat the pot with a little oil and start frying the onion.
- Add the bell pepper and mix the ingredients.
- After a few minutes add the carrot.
- Pour the tomato sauce and all the seasonings into the pot.
- Stir and let it boil.
- Then add the potato, garlic cloves, and vegetable flavoring broth.
- Add boiling water and cover the pot for 5 minutes.
- Finally add all the remaining vegetables.
- Let cook for 45 minutes.
- Ready! Your dish will be ready to eat