How to prepare an egg custard easily and simply.There are many favorite desserts at home, but in this family of sweet tooth, one of the most liked is the flan.
This is one of the dessert recipes made with egg that delights children and adults.
A classic in every house and it has become one of the most famous desserts in Spain. Although many times what we eat is not a flan, but a project of it.
In today’s recipe I will explain how to do it right, step by step, with photos and even video so that you have the almost perfect egg custard recipe.
This flan is one of those homemade recipes that, surely, are not lacking in any recipe book.
It is in France that the sweet version of the omelette became popular and began to be served as an inverted dessert, almost as we now know it, with a caramel sauce.
This dessert was called flan or “creme renversee au caramel”. Today it is one of the most popular desserts in the world and persists throughout the world just as the French did.
A very simple dessert in its preparation and comfortable in its planning, since it is made with few ingredients that everyone has at home: eggs, milk and sugar, I also leave you a step by step of how to make the perfect caramel.
There is no doubt that it will become one of your favorite sweets and even the base of other desserts. In this case, baked, but you know that on the blog you have the casserole version, the egg custard without the oven of a lifetime.
Ingredients for homemade and easy egg custard
- 3 free-range eggs
- 6 free-range egg yolks
- 200 g. sugar (2 teaspoons per flan, if you want less sweet add less)
- 750 ml of whole milk
- For the caramel: 5 tablespoons of white granulated sugar
- A little water (3 tablespoons)
- A few drops of lemon juice squeezed
Preparation of caramel
- We put a saucepan or a frying pan on the fire at medium temperature so that it reaches temperature.
- We add the ingredients in the following order: 5 tablespoons of white granulated sugar and a little water (3 tablespoons).
- Leave on medium heat without stirring (at first we should not move the sugar with a wooden spoon because it will weigh down).
- We will see how little by little small bubbles begin to form and the sugar changes color.
- When this happens we stir, now yes, with a wooden spoon and we help to mix everything.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring until it reaches that roasted honey caramel color.
- Let it warm for a minute and caramelize the container walls of the flannels or where we are going to prepare the flan. We put the caramel in the bottom first.
- We are turning or tilting little by little through the walls of the molds until it is all impregnated with caramel.
- Let the caramel cool until it is medium hard.
Preparation of the egg custard
- The quality of the eggs is essential to prepare a quality homemade custard.
- We separate the yolk from the white of 6 eggs, the whites you can use for other recipes, do not throw them away.
- To these yolks we add three large whole eggs, we add the sugar and the whole milk.
- We beat everything until there is a creamy dough and with a little foam. We reserve.
- Fill the central tray of the oven with water. e raise the temperature of the oven to 200º C until the water begins to boil.
- We put the flan cream in small flan molds or in a single flannel.
- We cover them with aluminum foil and put them in the oven. Always in the tray with the water for approximately 50-60 min at about 200º C, until the flan are curdled and golden.
- The oven will not stain anything at all but be careful not to burn yourself with the water in the tray.
Final preparation of the flan
- I recommend that the last 10 minutes of cooking remove the aluminum foil so that the upper part gets a little color.
- Although it will not be seen later, we will turn it around.
- After 50 minutes you can test with a knife to see if they are completely curdled.
- If it comes out clean they will be ready, if we don’t leave them a little more.Let cool at room temperature and then put them in the fridge, they will be much better cold and from one day to the next.
look for more recipe here