How to make bread for newbies.
For cooks like me, one of the most difficult challenges is, without a doubt, making bread at home.
In reality it is something that is available to anyone if we know a series of necessary foundations and we must put it into practice.
The kneading times, the temperature of the oven, the fermentation of the dough, are delicate points and that we must control if we want to get a bread worthy of the most demanding panarra.
Still, making bread at home and not trying, is possible. The bread recipe that I present today is an example of how to get a delicious and very tasty homemade bread, a miracle bread.
It is perfect to start in this fantastic world of homemade bread and will make us like this type of dough. I would say it is even easier than our homemade sliced bread.
With no complications, no long kneading, no eternal times to watch for the dough, no complicated proportions or anything like it, we can get our first homemade bread with a more than acceptable result.
The result is a juicy bread crumb and crispy crust, which you can not stop eating freshly made. I assure you that it is delicious and will last much more than one round.
For later we can leave preparing the most perfect and durable breads over time, but the experience of this bread is almost a miracle. Very easy to prepare, without work or complications, all a tasty experience and a mess.
Preparation of the dough for our easy bread
- In a bowl add the flour and make a hole in the center.Add the half of the water, salt and extra virgin olive oil. With a wooden spoon we begin to integrate the ingredients.
- We dilute the baker’s yeast in the rest of the water and add to the future dough. It is advisable not to mix salt and yeast at the same time.
- Salt can seriously disrupt the action of yeast during the fermentation process. The desirable level of salt in bread doughs ranges from 1.75% to 2.25%.
- In this case we have opted for 8 grams so that it does not affect the lifting process and in turn add the necessary flavor.
- We begin to knead the ingredients in the same bowl until we form a ball. We pass the dough to a work surface and continue kneading. We will work the dough for about 10 or 12 minutes.
- We choose the container that we will take to the oven and sprinkle it with flour.
- We place the dumpling and paint it with a little extra virgin olive oil. With a sharp knife we make some cuts on the surface of our dough and sprinkle it with flour.
Moisture in the oven. Water
- We are going to put a container that can withstand baking with water, with a bowl is enough. Because baking has some moisture, that steam is crucial to creating a high percentage of humidity in the oven.
- This causes the bread to increase in volume, to have a special coloring and shine on the crust. We cover the container with aluminum foil and put it in the cold oven
Baking and final presentation of bread easy
- We turn on the oven at 220º C with heat up and down. We leave the bread dough that we have in the Pyrex or oven-safe bowl (covered with aluminum foil, you can see the photos of the step by step) in the central tray for about 40 minutes.
- After these 40 minutes, remove the aluminum foil lid from the bread dough and put it back in the oven for an additional 25 minutes. When removing the paper we will see that the dough has grown but is still uncooked.
- After 25 minutes we will have the light and cooked bread bun. We remove it from the oven and let it cool before enjoying it.