How to prepare a homemade lasagna.
meat lasagna recipe. I don’t know if I ever mentioned it to you but lasagna is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Maybe I learned how to make lasagna before cannelloni for a reason, my mother loves it.
She left me all the ingredients prepared except the béchamel, which she prepared to her liking, a little creamier, to almost take with a spoon.
Sprinkle with a lot of cheese and bake, when I got home from work I had the lasagna on point, perfect for eating.
This classic of cuisine is famous worldwide, not only in Italy. Ideal to carry in the tupper to work or school, and that undoubtedly succeeds among the smallest of the house.
Do not overdo it with the quantity, with one serving is enough, a fairly complete recipe and it gives you to overcome a day full of energy.
What I always recommend is to use quality ingredients, from pasta, in this case lasagna Garofalo, one of the best pasta in Italy. And of course, the fillings, today with meat, but you have many ways to fill it.
Following the recipe you can make it with vegetables or fish, which is a great option, tuna, hake, even combined with seafood.
Ingredients for Beef Lasagna
1 onions and 2 garlic cloves
2 red bell peppers
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
150 g. bacon or bacon
500 g. meat (a mixture of pork and beef)
12 sheets of lasagna or lasagna Garofalo
100 g. grated Parmesan cheese
100 ml. extra virgin olive oil
1 glass of natural tomato
1 glass of white wine
Bechamel (enough to cover lasagna)
Previous preparation of the meat lasagna
- We heat a large pot of water, the widest in the house. When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt.
- We introduce the sheets of lasagna one by one without touching (so that they do not stick together).
- Now we can find countless types of lasagna where it does not hydrate it as it did before. At home many times to save time I use the ones that are hydrated with the béchamel sauce and the juice that the sauce releases when baking.
- If you do it in the traditional way we have to stir with a wooden spoon and in about 10 minutes we remove the sheets.
- We spread them on some sheets of absorbent kitchen paper. Although they may not be there, they will end up being done in the oven.
- The next step will be to wash all the vegetables that we are going to use in the filling very well.
- In the recipe I recommend the filling of the classic Bolognese sauce, carrots, garlic, peppers and onions.
- Although you can add the ones you like the most at home, a little celery, some wild asparagus or aubergines are perfect. Imagination and you will make an insurmountable lasagna.
How to prepare the meat lasagna filling
- The vegetables are cut into small pieces so that they come together well in the sauce.
- We cut the carrots as thin as possible. I recommend you laminate them with the potato peeler because when they are poached, if the strips are thick they are not made. We reserve everything in a bowl.
- In another casserole we add extra virgin olive oil. We start by introducing the onion and garlic, when it is golden brown, add the rest of the ingredients.
- We fry everything at medium temperature for about 15 minutes and wait for the meat.
- Season the meat to taste and add it to the casserole with the vegetables.
- We let it pass for 5 minutes and when we see that it is changing color we introduce the bacon in very small pieces.
- We pour a glass of white wine and wait for it to reduce (another 5 minutes over medium heat).
- Add a glass of natural tomato and rectify with salt and pepper.
- We remove the meat with the vegetables and remove from the heat.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C for 15 minutes, just enough to make the rest of the lasagna.