How to prepare chicken croquettes.
perfect chicken croquettes If there is something that we all like, it is croquettes, and each person has their favorites, be they those of their mother, those of their grandmother, those of the neighborhood bar, etc.
A dish that takes advantage of this precious bird that we like so much is that the chicken recipes are the most searched on google.
The croquettes are the appetizer that we are able to take as many times as they are, in order to try our favorite croquettes again. In my case, I can almost say that I grew up with them, since my mother is a true specialist in croquettes.
Over the years, of so many that I have made, I have already taken the sprig from the bechamel, the dough with the filling and the batter.
It is a recipe that is very good for taking advantage of the remains of other dishes, and today it is the turn of some leftover chicken.
If you have children at home, it is also a task to instill in them a love of cooking. Organizing the chain work, they will enjoy very much kneading and coating.
Also, croquettes are one of the favorite foods of the little ones, I know that many mothers use them to eat foods that they do not even want to see ahead.
Ingredients for chicken croquettes
- 125 g. all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 125 g. of butter
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper (to the taste of each house)
- For the filling of the croquettes: 1 chive
- 250 g. chicken (cooked, fried, roasted)
- For the batter: 100 g. breadcrumbs (if you are celiac, gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 3 medium eggs
- Frying: Extra soft virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
Preparation of the base of the croquettes
- For the filling, I took advantage of a couple of leftover chicken breasts, which I had prepared on the grill.
- We cut them into small cubes, to your liking. But they are not too big.
- Chop the chives in fine brunoise, and sauté for 5 minutes (over medium heat) in a pan, with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the minced chicken, mix and season to taste. We cook a couple of minutes all together. We withdraw and reserve.
- Now we go with the bechamel, one of the keys to some very tasty croquettes.
- Made the bechamel, cold, add the reserved filling and mix well. We stir in circles, so that there is a homogeneous mixture and without lumps.
- Grease a pan with butter and sprinkle the base with flour.
- We throw the dough from the croquettes, spread it out and cover it with a transparent film. Another trick is to butter the surface, that is, spread with butter at room temperature.
- This will make a protective film for our kibble dough and in this way it will dry out or oxidize the surface while it rests in the cold.
Shaping and breading of chicken croquettes
- So that we can later handle the dough with guarantees, it needs to be cold for several hours, in the fridge.
- The recommendation is to leave it made the day before, so that it cools for at least 12 hours.
- For the breaded croquettes, you can shape it in a traditional way. With the help of two spoons or also make them spherical, helping you by the hands.
- With the time that we have given it cold, you will have no problem in shaping them easily.
- We beat the eggs, and we pass the croquettes through it. From here directly to the breadcrumbs and reserve on a plate or platter.
Final presentation of chicken croquettes
- You are placing the croquettes separately and leave them in the fridge again for at least an hour.
- We are cooking the croquettes over high heat. We fry them in very hot olive oil, in batches of four or five each time, until they are golden brown on all sides. Regulating the temperature to avoid burning us.
- We remove to a plate with absorbent paper. To remove excess oil and serve directly, freshly made.
you may also like these recipes from The Best Roast Chicken Recipe