In Western cuisine, Teriyaki is called sauces inspired by this cooking, based on sugar and soy sauce. Teriyaki chicken is one of the most popular Japanese dishes. Today you can learn to do this preparation at home and enjoy Japanese cuisine. We recommend you accompany with a side of rice.
- 1 tablespoon corn
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Sesame seeds
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, mix the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Let cook stirring frequently until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Preheat the oven to strong temperature (220ºC).
- Place the chicken thighs in a lightly oiled baking dish. Brush each chicken thigh with the sauce on both sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces and cook on the other side for another 30 minutes, until it is no longer pink. During cooking, brush the chicken thighs with the sauce every approximately 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.